A Quick Sneak Peek on the Roulette Wheel Layout
Roulette, the one-of-a-kind game of chances is one of the most widely demanded games in casinos. However, the game is said to be entirely based on luck, the knowledge of Roulette wheel numbers certainly comes handy while playing. There are mainly two popular versions of Roulette that have unique number layout on the wheel.
Let’s learn more about Roulette wheel numbers and layout.
What are Roulette Wheel Numbers?
The game is played on a table with a giant wheel. The wheel has 37 or 38 pockets on it which are marked with a unique number from 0 to 36. The numbers are divided into three sets of 12 numbers. Roulette wheel numbers are divided into different categories as follows:
- The Lows: The group of numbers from 1 to 18.
- The Highs: The group of numbers from 19 to 36.
- Even numbers: The group of all even numbers from 2 to 36.
- Odd numbers: The group of all odd numbers from 1 to 35.
- Group of Red: Set of all the numbers that are marked on red pockets.
- Group of Black: Set of all the numbers that are marked on black pockets.
Additionally, the game involves one or two green pockets that are marked with zeroes (0). All the numbers are written on the table dividing them into 3 sets of 12 numbers each.
Roulette Wheel Layout
This is the way of assigning Roulette wheel numbers and pocket colours in different versions of the game. There are generally two popular variants of Roulette.
1. The American Roulette: This version was invented in the United States. It has a total of 38 pockets on the wheel. There are 18 pockets of red and black colour each. The remaining two pockets are green coloured, and they’re marked with 0 and 00. The presence of one extra green pocket decreases the chances of winning and increases the house edge.
The number sequence in American Roulette is
0, 28, 9, 26, 30, 11, 7, 20, 32, 17, 5, 22, 34, 15, 3, 24, 36, 13, 1, 00, 27, 10, 25, 29, 12, 8, 19, 31, 18, 6, 21, 33, 16, 4, 23, 35, 14, 2.
2. The European Roulette: Also known as Classical Roulette, it has a similar wheel layout as French Roulette. There is a total of 37 pockets. 18 of them are red coloured. Similarly, 18 of them are black in colour. The one remaining pocket is green in colour. It has a lesser house advantage compared to the American version.
The number sequence in European (French) Roulette is as follows:
0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3, 26.
The Importance of Roulette Wheel Numbers
From bets to payouts, everything depends on Roulette wheel numbers and table layout in the game. For example, the American version has a lesser probability of winning a straight up bet (1/38) compared to the French version (1/37). Similarly, the payouts differ based on the risk factor involved on a particular bet.
You are here: Home A Quick Sneak Peek on the Roulette Wheel Layout